Monday, September 11, 2006

Mainstream Journalism and Open Source: Can They Mix?

Did I Mention . . . ?

I don't think I mentioned in my Eurogel series that Jimmy Wales spoke about the the value of Wikis generally, Wikipedia, and his new project, Wikia. Most of his talk can be found elsewhere, and although there are strong opinions on both sides about whether or not an open source model could extend past his project to all other information sources (and, of course, to Linux), the jury is still out.

So when my colleague and good friend, David Spector,sent this article on journalism and wikis, I thought it a good idea to post a link here.

A Little About David

David is famous for his development work from the earliest days of the web, but he's perhaps less known for his writing for O'Reilly and others. Like me, he writes both for proprietary publications and for those those that are not online.

No comments: